Preparation - Underlayment and Subfloor
TOOLS FOR THE JOB
Tools found in the Professional
- Belt sander or commercial floor sander – complete with dust bags.
- Pneumatic powered Narrow Crown Stapler and air compressor or manual
mallet-actuated stapler. Alternatively, an electric screwdriver or claw
hammer, depending on the fastener used.
- Heavy-duty utility knife or electric trim saw to cut panels.
- Vacuum cleaner and broom.
- Measuring tape and carpenter’s pencil.
- Moisture meter – especially important when installing in new construction
and over crawl spaces.