Preparation - Underlayment and Subfloor
The subfloor assembly must meet local
Building Codes, Regulations and perform to an L/480 rating to reduce
deflection and vibration.
- Ensure the existing subfloor is completely dry, structurally sound,
fastened tightly, level, and all seams and surfaces sanded level.
- Re-set protruding nails and screws.
- Sand all seams and surfaces level.
- Check for adequate floor joist cross bracing.
- Insulate areas of the subfloor between the floor joists with 2”
insulation when panels sit close to either a furnace or rest closely over
hot air ducts.
- Sweep and vacuum all dust and debris thoroughly.