Installation - Ceramic Tile
SETTING THE FIRST PANEL
- Choose a corner along a straight
long line and begin to install and fasten one panel at a time.
- Install all panels with the grain set at right angles to the floor
- Offset panel edge from the subfloor edges by a minimum of 12” – all
- Leave a 1/8" wide space between panels and 1/4" wide space between
panels and any restraining surface which they abut, such as columns or
perimeter walls, to allow for expansion.
Tile must not be installed on Multiply underlayment with epoxy or modified epoxy emulsion mortar unless it is
installed with 1/4" gaps between panels
- Start from a panel corner and fasten row by row to the opposite side. Do
NOT four-corner fasten first.
- Use full body weight over the area being fastened to assure firm contact
with the subfloor.
- Fasten panels every 2” along the edges and 4” across the field, on every
- Position fasteners 3/8” to 1/2” in from panel edges.