Installation - Ceramic Tile
FASTENING ALL OTHER
- Ring shank or annular-grooved,
galvanized flooring nails with a 3/16” diameter head is the preferred
fastener for ceramic tile. Stainless steel or polymer coated staples and
non-staining screws are also acceptable.
- Recess fastener heads 1/16 and assure 75% to 90% penetration into the
subfloor assembly. Do NOT penetrate through the bottom of the subfloor and
avoid driving into floor joists to prevent pop-ups.
- Stagger panel joints in each row 12” minimum –
ensure four panel corners never meet at an intersection.
- Lay all panels with the grain running in the same direction.
- Cut panels to size with a trim saw.
- Keep factory edges together and use hand cut edges against walls etc.
- Avoid using panel pieces less than 12” except for cutting in to allow
for floor fixtures.