Installation - Ceramic Tile
INSTALLATION - MORTAR
Mix EGP latex-portland cement mortar in
accordance with the following directions, unless mortar manufacturer's
- Add dry ingredients to proper amount of water or liquid latex
recommended by the manufacturer.
- Mix and slake according to the manufacturer's instructions, mix slowly
and thoroughly and let mortar stand for 15 minutes; then remix. Do Not mix
with high speed mechanical mixer. If used, mechanical mixer must be 300 RPM
or lower. Do Not add water, latex, additional mortar, or other ingredients
after slaking period.
- Mortar consistency shall be such that when applied with the recommended
notched trowel to Multiply panels, the ridges formed in the mortar shall not
flow or slump.
- During use, remix mortar occasionally. Additional liquid or fresh
materials shall not be added after initial mixing. Mortar shall not be used
after initial set.
- Key the setting material into Multiply panels by applying mortar with
flat side of trowel over an area no greater than can be covered with tile
before the mortar skins over, using a notched trowel of type recommended by
mortar manufacturer, comb mortar to obtain even setting bed. Cover surface
uniformly with no bare spots, and with sufficient mortar to ensure a minimum
mortar thickness of 3/32" between tiles and Multiply panels after tile has
been embedded. Tile shall not be applied to skinned-over mortar.